BLOG: How to keep little ones amused over the Christmas break
By Helen Thompson, Nursery Manager at Angels Day Nursery
Christmas is nearly here and children all over the world are getting excited. The little ones here at the nursery are getting into the festive spirit too, even though some of them are too small to fully understand everything that is going on around them!
One of the great things about Christmas – aside from the presents and lovely food! – is the extra time it gives us with our loved ones. Schools, nurseries and many workplaces shut down for the festive period and some of us even travel to enjoy an extended stay with relatives.
But, just how do you keep excited children amused when the daily routine is out of the window and you have all of this extra time together?
Here are my Top Five Christmas Craft Activities:
- Make a collage using leftover wrapping paper, cutting out the various festive shapes and pictures.
- Make bespoke gift tags for use on presents for your nearest and dearest.
- Make cotton wool snowmen.
- Create calendars by painting pictures and buying small printed calendars to stick at the bottom.
- Practice letter formation and pencil grip by hand-making ‘thank you’ cards to thank people for your Christmas presents. You can also use glitter, paints and sticky objects to decorate them.
Follow our blog to keep up to date with Angels Day Nursery and view more hints and tips. Stay in touch and let us know what you would like to see us talking about.